a classic game - w/o a doubt

i do have some problems with this game. the fonts disappearing in the 3d world/map for one; the autorun going into uninstall/repair/reinstall screen; no movie [ukversion]; and confusion as to why the MOD selector app from the 2nd CD has a lot of the building/terrain mods crossed out[ie, unavailable] and when i click on them it expects me to know the location of them! that one really doesn't make any sense! why release a Mod Selector program with mods that seem to be recognised by the program but don't know where they are? and i was looking forward to having high rez buildings , roads, etc.

but i have to admit the vehicle mods are beautiful. the level of detail is superb and makes the game look so damn good when high rez tigers slide out of a hedged lane and start shooting up high rez cromwells,churchills, shermans.

this is the best WW2 game since Close Combat 2.

to the creators [and the mod writers...yes] well done!

a bloody classic

thanks

das

If you want some help with your problems you'll need to give some of your system specifics, like OS and video card (and the drivers you have loaded for it).

One problem with NVidia-based video cards under Windows 2000/XP has been that drivers prior to version 26.xx/27.xx will show white as being transparent. Under Windows 9x/ME there were problems with FSAA before driver version 14.xx. If you upgrade to the latest official driver (28.32) or the newer betas, then these issues should be fixed for you.

I'm not sure why the AVI movie isn't playing for you. Do you have Media Player installed ? Perhaps some of your codecs are messed up on your machine and the movie can't be decoded. I haven't seen the movie myself, but I'm told it is some sort of CDV (the European distributor) self-promotion, so you may not be missing out on much.

I don't really know much about CMMOS and how the CD's are setup. You may have to move all of the files to the same directory on the hard drive in order for CMMOS to recognize them. If you do a search in either the main forum or the tech forum for 'CMMOS' you may find your answer.

cheers, mate.

but i wasn't really asking for help as such as i'd already found it reading some of the other posts. i've just updated to 28.32 drivers, the movie isn't on the uk CD as they used more protection [safedisc 2 , i think, as my backup doesn't work]with the space - and it uses quicktime.

no, i was just saying that this is a great game with a few bugs. in fact, it is one of the best kind of games because of its potential for expansion. like the close combat series. with the mods you get more than just one game!

god, i love this game.

cheers

das