PBEM File Sequence Problem

Me and an opponent were playing a CMBO game and about half way through our game, the PBEM turn sequence went goofy.

As the Allies in this game, my sequence was as follows:

Movie and Move

Move (shows plots I already did)

Movie and Move

It dropped Movie only files for me. I get two moves in a row and my second move shows what I plotted in the first one so I just hit GO right away and send the file.

All seems to be playing OK otherwise and not skipping turns. My opponent only saw a Movie only turn and Move only turn and no Movie/move turn.

Anybody seen this?

This is now occurring in a game between me and the same opponent in a CMBB game. Since I have never seen this on 100's of games and my opponent apparently has, I suspect something on his end. Suggestions?

We have some CMBB files we can send as this game is still in progress.

Originally posted by jhdeerslayer:

This is now occurring in a game between me and the same opponent in a CMBB game. Since I have never seen this on 100's of games and my opponent apparently has, I suspect something on his end. Suggestions?

We have some CMBB files we can send as this game is still in progress.

We are having almost the same problem so I hope someone is familiar with this glitch. Our game is just starting(CMBB}. The 1st turn my host sent, would not allow me to do anything except watch the movie, I then clicked on the Done button and it immediately kicked me to the *Save* Game box with no opportunity to make game moves.I tried several time's but with the same results. The game is just starting so we can change whatever it might take to fix it. BTW,he (host) said he just completed a PBEM glitch free game against another opponate..I'm confused. :confused:

[ December 30, 2002, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: mystro ]

• 4 months later...

Any official word on this problem? I jsut had the following scenario:

opponent sends me file #032 in the PBEM sequence that allows me to watch the movie for turn 10 and then to plot my moves for turn 11. I hit the go button and send file #033 to my opponent for his turn 11 plot and when he hits go it should run the turn, produce the movie and then go to the save file screen for him to save file #034. That file should allow me to view the movie and then send it back to him, instead, I have received another chance to plot my turn 11 moves and hit go. SHould I have him redo his previous plots and resend - or should I simply hit the go button for a second time in one turn?