Incorrect license key (501)

I installed SMSF on my laptop and tried to activate it. No luck 501 error, license not known.

Has it it to do with my gamersgate version patched to the battlefront one? My license key obviously is from gamersgate and I know have patched it to a battlefront version i believe.

Any help maybe?

thanks!

If you have purchased the 1.21 Paradox patch, then you will need to provide that license key for the patch. The Gamersgate license key is not part of eLicense and will generate the '501' error since it is not on the license server. The Gamersgate license key becomes somewhat useless at this point since it is no longer needed for the game itself now, but keep it in case you have to reinstall your base CMSF game at some point in the future. The 'Paradox Retail 1.21 patch' converts your Gamersgate copy-protected version of CMSF into a Battlefront eLicense copy-protected version.

If you don't know your license key for the 1.21 patch, then you can find it in your Battlefront Store account. You can login at the top of the main page, once logged in please click on "My Account" in the top menu bar. Under the "Order Information" section on screen you will find each of your orders that have been placed with this account (since October 2007). Click the "View" text next to each order and all the details for that particular order will be shown, including download links, license keys, etc. Please pay close attention to the license key. It is either 32-characters or 14/15-characters long (not including possible 'dashes'), but due to the formatting of the page, it will blend with the SKU/part number immediately preceding it.

If you do not remember your login, the 'Username' will be the FIRST 25 CHARACTERS of your email address that was used at the time of purchase.

If you forgot your password, go to:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_registration&task=lostPassword&Itemid=26

and enter your full email address that was used at the time of purchase. If the system recognizes an account using that email it will then email the Username (called "User account" in the email) and the reset Password to you, otherwise you will get an error that the account is not recognized or does not exist. Please make sure to whitelist 'sales@battlefront.com' with your email provider and/or check your Junk Mail folder immediately. Due to the way various email providers filter their email systems, you may either receive the password reset email almost immediately or it may be delayed for several hours (all out of our control). The process is fully automated (we do not provide 'manual resets' to the passwords). Please be aware that this is a RESET to your password involving random characters. This password is reset each time you make the request (though you can change the password to something more easily entered once you have logged in). These emails will be sent to the email account that is registered with this store account. If you have changed mail providers, you will NOT receive this email unless you have access to that original email account.