units greyed out

I have just bought a paradox CMSF.'

After downloading the patches, I get :

1) the opening screen open as v1.20 (with no Leopard tank icon in bottom LH screen)

2) US Marines and British Army are now on Quick Battle but do not function - they are greyed out.

The only way I could download the patches successfully was to 'Run as administrator

Do you actually own the Marines and British Forces modules ? You will only have access to that content if you purchased the modules. What exactly did you install (games and patches) and in what order did you install them ? If you did purchase modules, then you may have applied one of the patches incorrectly. Here's our Knowledgebase article on installing and licensing modules for CMSF.

The 1.20 patch is the latest and last patch for the Paradox distribution of CMSF. It should not add any content to CMSF (since it only patches the Paradox base game executable of CMSF). To get newer patches (1.21 and 1.31) you will either have to purchase one or more modules for CMSF or purchase the 'Paradox Retail 1.21 patch'. Either process converts your Paradox copy to a Battlefront eLicense version.

Thanks, Schrullenhaft

I'll get the Marines and British modules. I had downloaded the CMSF demo version and thought that the base game just needed patches to upgrade.

And then I'll get the new Normandy game!

Great help, again thanks