New file folder option on desktop not working!

I'm my old cpu-p-111-1.2 gig-OS win-98SE,when I right click once on my desktop-you get,active desktop,arrange icons,line

up icons,refresh,paste,paste shortcut,properties,but not the new option to make a new file to set stuff in it,does anybody have a clue what's wrong,never seen that happen before

I know how to modify adding options to the context menu through the registry. Unfortunately you would have to know what exe is used to make a new folder. I am not sure what exe does that. If anyone knows I'd be glad to document it step by step here.

Is it possible that someone was playing in your registry and may have deleted a subkey?

My hunch was you didn't. I was reluctant to post the instructions unless someone knew the exe to prevent others from causing harm to their system.

I asked some of the other techs I work with and none of them have heard of or seen this problem. If it was my system I would assume that explorer some how got corrupt and would reinstall the OS.

I am not sure if there is some "other" more easy solution, but your problem is unusual.

I don't know the answer to this one either. It seems something has modified or corrupted your registry to remove the 'New' context menu item.

Check this Microsoft Support Article about the New command missing in Explorer. You'll need to use the registry editor to modify your registry as explained. The value you need to enter is very specific, matching case and all.