excellent condition vehicle

highest possible cross wind

flat map

high wall running left to right creating a channel

2 tanks per channel , one left , one right

2600ish metre apart

left crew unbutton

test1: first shot per tanks left = kills opposite tanks right i.e 3 in row

Left crews were expected to spot first and did, its the fact they were regular crews shooting over as great as distance as possible in the highest possible cross wind. 3 tanks, 3 shots , 3 hits, 3 knocked out hulls. Would have expected the cross wind to have some effect at making sure the shot wasnt direct / straight.

Was/is the t90 that easy to aim over 2600 metres ?

Would a shot taken over 2 miles not arc at all in a strong wind ?

Curious.

3 x t90 v 3 x t72

regular crews

normal moral

excellent condition vehicle

highest possible cross wind

flat map

high wall running left to right creating a channel

2 tanks per channel , one left , one right

2600ish metre apart

left crew unbutton

test1: first shot per tanks left = kills opposite tanks right i.e 3 in row

Left crews were expected to spot first and did, its the fact they were regular crews shooting over as great as distance as possible in the highest possible cross wind. 3 tanks, 3 shots , 3 hits, 3 knocked out hulls. Would have expected the cross wind to have some effect at making sure the shot wasnt direct / straight.

Was/is the t90 that easy to aim over 2600 metres ?

Would a shot taken over 2 miles not arc at all in a strong wind ?

Curious.

Modern tanks have sensors to measure wind speed and can compensate for them. Also I would not unbutton the crews as a rule, it's not WW2. The optics in the tanks are much better and in most cases buttoned tanks have better spotting ability.

To be sure, take a greater sample than just 3 tanks and drawing conclusions from that. Would be interesting to see the results then.

All modern main battle tanks have FCS or Fire Control Systems that are made from subsytems like wind sensors, laser range finders, gun and sights stabilization, cant sensors etc.

So actually modern MBT's not only are capabale to fire accurate when not moving on range of 2600m but also when being on the move at a range up to 4000m there is 80-90% that target will be hit with first shot.

Of course many things depends on different FCS used on different tanks, optics quality, gun quality, ammo quality etc.

thanks for the posts guys. I have no doubt its been modelled correctly to be honest, was just expected to see some drift from left to right from start to impact but always appears to be straight as can be.

test 2 saw more shots required to kills, first test must have just been lucky.

testing with all t72s had much different results indeed , in fact RED one :)

Thanks for the unbuttoning tip , i was absolutely using ww2 logic here.

thanks for the posts guys. I have no doubt its been modelled correctly to be honest, was just expected to see some drift from left to right from start to impact but always appears to be straight as can be.

test 2 saw more shots required to kills, first test must have just been lucky.

testing with all t72s had much different results indeed , in fact RED one :)

Thanks for the unbuttoning tip , i was absolutely using ww2 logic here.

I find it a hard thing to judge to honest. For example with 70's era T-55, you are probably better off unbuttoning. But fighting at distance at night with a brand new T-90, nothing beats that night vision equipment.