Should it be funny? Who made this campaign? It is unplayable. As Entente against the AI it last only 3 turn and there is now fighting no more. As Central Powers against the AI there is a slightly change to play some turns. Human vs. Human it is not possible to play more than one or two turns for the CP. Game over. Extremly unbalanced for the Entente

It is a tough game for the CP player, indeed, as this was a Blitzkrieg style campaign in the desert, complete with the destruction of an Ottoman column by the RAF.

It is certainly true that the Entente will smash the Ottoman forces facing them, but then what is left of the Ottoman and German units need to attempt to delay the enemy's attack so as to deny the Entente a worthwhile victory.

Of course, this isn't a usual scenario in that the CP will lose a lot of units very quickly, so it will feel hard for them, a bit like a campaign set in Poland in 1939. But I don't think that it's impossible to buy time to slow the Entente.

I was wondering as well about the Gallipoli scenario.

As it stands the Turks receive so little by way of supplies that they're on a hiding to nothing. For the Entente it's pretty much a stroll in the park as a result.

It's all a bit strange, considering how it worked out historically...

As I understand this campaign is only useful to play as Central Powers AND only against the AI.

What I made: Sell 2 HQ's (Von Sanders/Djemal Pasha) + the German Air Force and bolt backwards. There are 3 artillery units which blow you to hell if you try to stay or defend the lines. Then reinforce your units and wait for the next attack. There is no need to defend cities aswell because there are no National Moral penalties. I concentrate at El Tire al troops I could find. Only very little tactical approach. The enemy artillery is hard to destroy in WWI. You must strike with clearly superiority. When artillery is out of the game you will win.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering as well about the Gallipoli scenario.

As it stands the Turks receive so little by way of supplies that they're on a hiding to nothing. For the Entente it's pretty much a stroll in the park as a result.

It's all a bit strange, considering how it worked out historically...

Hi Karhu

I've just played this one out again in Multiplayer and both myself and my opponent felt that it's a hard scenario for the Entente to win due to their low supply.

Obviously it depends on both sides' actions, but if there's something I'm missing, e.g. a surefire strategy, then please let me know.

Thanks

Bill

PS I have taken a look at Megiddo and am considering some changes.