Couple of real newbie questions

Hi, been around forever, lurking. Have bought all CMBO, CMBB. CMAK, CMSF. Could never get into the first three, mainly because of terrible computer on my end. After numerous attempts have now gotten into SF and am enjoying playing this fine game.

1st dumb question. Ok, I have a Transport vechile loaded with a rifle platoon. I want to go from "Point A" to "Point B" and have the rifle platoon get out when vechile stops at "Point B". What is best way to command this? When ever I try , the troops get out before vechile leaves then vechile takes off with out them .

2nd dumb question, some of the transport vechiles carry "extra equipment" - Javelins etc... All soldiers have ammo by default. What does one suggest for a newbie to do in regards to handing out or picking up this equipment? I know this will weigh down troops but there has to be a reason in game for offering this..

BTW, I am currently playing the Marines Module.

Thanks

Meter12 (formerly meter, meter99, meter88, and I am sure many other user names)

Embarking/disembarking - lot's of hints and tips here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=73599

Re acquiring 'stuff'. Evryone has their own take on this. So FWIW I tend to check the brief. If I'm up against armour or the chnace of armour showing up and my guys don't have much in the way of armour support I'll load em up.

If going into built up areas I'll maybe load up with lot's of AT and LAW stuff - useful for blasting buildings.

You can load up with ammo as and when your guys burn through it in fire fights. Better to split a team and send em back to pick up ammo then rejoin their unit. They'll share the ammo out then amongst the others.

Cheers fur noo

George

Hi, been around forever, lurking. Have bought all CMBO, CMBB. CMAK, CMSF. Could never get into the first three, mainly because of terrible computer on my end. After numerous attempts have now gotten into SF and am enjoying playing this fine game.

1st dumb question. Ok, I have a Transport vechile loaded with a rifle platoon. I want to go from "Point A" to "Point B" and have the rifle platoon get out when vechile stops at "Point B". What is best way to command this? When ever I try , the troops get out before vechile leaves then vechile takes off with out them .

2nd dumb question, some of the transport vechiles carry "extra equipment" - Javelins etc... All soldiers have ammo by default. What does one suggest for a newbie to do in regards to handing out or picking up this equipment? I know this will weigh down troops but there has to be a reason in game for offering this..

BTW, I am currently playing the Marines Module.

Thanks

Meter12 (formerly meter, meter99, meter88, and I am sure many other user names)

1) Give the vehicle a waypoint to where you want it to stop and THEN give the rifle squad a waypoint where you want them to disembark. The vehicle will then first go to its destination. Once it stops, the rifle squad will stop and move the its own waypoint.

2) Tired troops have less movement orders available. I like to grab some extra ammo so that the squads can keep up suppressive fire longer, as well as extra 40mm grenades because the Marine squads burns through them. In really urban areas I like to stock up on AT-4s and LAWs as well because I like explosions :).

Only get Javelin missiles if the unit has a Javelin LAUNCHER though. Otherwise it's only going to be extra dead weight and only useful if the rifle squad is close (within touching distance) of a team with a javelin launcher.

2). As blue it's less of an issue as you can often return to your vehicle whenever you need something, but as Red I take anything and everything because chances are within the next 5-10 minutes whatever your troops were riding in will be a burning wreck.

One more thing.

US.Army - all infantry units can take and use FGM-148 Javelin's if there are missiles and CLU in vehicle.

USMC - only dedicated infantry squads that have CLU's can take and use javelins.

British Army - Same as in case of USMC IRCC.

Heer, Dutch and Canadian Army probably also similiar as USMC and British Army are using dedicated temas for their ATGM's.

About taking ammo. Remember, US.Army HBCT is builded around very close cooperation between MBT's, IFV's and infantry, so I usually give them all Javelin's, AT-4's and around 2000 additional 5,56mm ammo + grenades.

In case of SBCT I do the same, because here we also have close cooperation between infantry and their APC's. So for longer distance in these formations infantry will travel in their vehicles.

Different thing is USMC. AAVP-7A1 is rather delicate when compared to M2A3, especially if M2A3 have ERA mounted on it. Stryker is also more survivabale than AAVP-7A1 because of slat armorm while EAAK armor on AAVP-7A1's is mostly there to protect against 14,5mm rounds and very primitive and weak RPG's (almost, vehicle is weakly armored even with EAAK).

So Marines in battle probably will move mostly on foot while AAVP-7A1's should be treated as mobile ammo dump that sometimes can provide fire support from their 12,7mm HMG and 40mm Mk.19.

Of course different thing are in case British, German, Dutch and Canadian Armies with their vehicles.

"Hibees man myself"

When I posted I directed at you, wondered how long it would take for you to reply. Not knowing you were a hibs man! :) From the Highlands I thought, Inverness or Ross County.

As long as your not one of the bad guys (name with held as I can not even stomach typing it) you are ok with me!

Thanks again for help.

"Hibees man myself"

When I posted I directed at you, wondered how long it would take for you to reply. Not knowing you were a hibs man! :) From the Highlands I thought, Inverness or Ross County.

As long as your not one of the bad guys (name with held as I can not even stomach typing it) you are ok with me!

Thanks again for help.

Originally from Leith (born there) then moved to Fife. Now live just south of Aviemore. Nope I'm nae a blue nose :)