Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Open Play DLL not found

I don't think that the patch has any OpenPlay DLLs in it. You may want to open your original installer WinRaR file and look for the OpenPlay files in there (TCPIP.DLL, TCPIP.LIB, OPENPLAY.DLL - the TCPIP files will need to be in their own subdirectory of 'OpenPlay Modules' within the CMBB directory).

You may also want to make sure that you're installing the patch to the correct directory if you didn't install to the default (C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBB - which is where the patch will attempt to install by default).

Thanks for the speedy reply. I do have a folder that says "Open play modules" and it has a file that says TCPIP.lib.

It's in it's own folder right there with all the other folders, but there's nothing that I can see that says TCPIP.DLL or OPENPLAY.DLL.

Any clues?

Also, because I'm slightly anal-retentive, instead of leaving the files in the PROGRAM FILES directory, I moved them to another folder I labeled GAMES. The original version of CMBB is still in PROGRAM FILES, but everything else, including version 1.01 is in GAMES. Would this mess anything up, because I've had no problems with 1.01

[ February 14, 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Explorer/File Manager is probably 'screening' any .DLL files from view, so it's possible that the file is probably there. Within File Manager go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab > unselect 'Hide file extensions for known file types' & unselect 'Hide protected Operating System files (Recommended)' > select radio dialog button for 'Show hidden files and folders'. With these changes you should be able to see the .DLL files.

The default install is for C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBB. You may want to attempt to reinstall the patch and point it to your Games directory - C:\GAMES\CMBB. The OpenPlay.DLL file needs to be in the root of the CMBB directory.

BINGO, BANGO, BONGO!

I did everything that you suggested, but still came up with "OPEN PLAY DLL not found".

Then I looked in my games folder and sitting there all quiet and everything was this one lone icon that said OPEN PLAY DLL. I moved it into my CMBB folder, and what do you know? I now have version 1.02

Thanks for the help, Schrullenhaft!