Terrain Indicator

You are right scottie. I recall reading in a thread way back that that was the reason for no terrain text. Terrain can now be layered, and is not as cut and dry as before. This can make distinguishing terrain a bit tricky. I still cannot distinguish some of them very good after playing for a few years. I was playing a scenario recently and did not realize an area was all mud till a few vehicles got bogged down.

In regard to the terrain I think this is the one area that graphically is not as good as the graphics for the units, which are great! When I compare for example rough/rocky terrain from Cmx1 to CMSF. I would have to say that Cmx1's looks more 3D IMO. I wonder if some of the graphic techniques from Cmx1 could be used in CMx2 engine? I am talking about the 2D bitmaps that were used to create "3D". Like how the larger rocks were made in Cmx1. That is what I would like to see. The grass, and trees I think look fine, but some of the others like rocky, and mud I would like to see more distinction for.