A Blast From The Past

From July of 2000 to be exact.

This message is mostly for Schrullenhaft who was kind enough to try to help me out way back then.

It was then that I was having a lot of problems with Combat Mission locking up on my computer. I eventually got it to run by turning off the ambient sound and weather. I'd set CM aside (I know I know I'm a heathen) for the longest time

and merely checked in on the forum to read all the interesting (and some of the uninteresting) posts. Well, I just upgraded DirectX to 8.1 and I had a thought about whether or not it would help with CMBO. It also dawned on me that since my problems I'd gone from 64MB RAM to 256 MB RAM and I had another CD drive to play with (my Kenwood has been nothing but trouble). So I fired up CMBO went to a scenario with fog that would always lock up my 'puter in seconds, turned on sound and weather and, lo and behold, no lockups! I played a couple of turns, went zooming around at view 1 (something guaranteed to cause a lock up before) and actually giggled out loud. I would guess that the extra memory has the most to do with it especially since everything seems quicker now.

I just thought I'd post a success story even if it took almost a year and a half to write it.

I am now going to play CMBO while anxiously awaiting CMBB. :)

Thanks to all those who helped me in the past.

Cardinal Fang

Have Comfy Chair. Will Travel.