Retreating ?

noob

Is their a way to finish the game by retreating off the map rather than surrendering or asking for a ceasefire ?

If not it would be a good feature as i am in a game at the moment where i cannot do any offensive actions so my only hope is to hide until the clock runs down to preserve whats left of my forces and get the points for suffering less than 75% casualties.

However this seems very gamey as in RL my forces would have bugged out by now.

No, there is no means to retreat off the map. Surrender or cease fire or toughing it out are your choices.

Retreating is conceding the field of battle to the enemy, which means, you have LOST that battle. Just consider the surrender or cease fire option the same as conceding the field of battle to the enemy (retreating) because it means the same thing.... you are acknowledging you have lost that battle.

No, there is no means to retreat off the map. Surrender or cease fire or toughing it out are your choices.

Retreating is conceding the field of battle to the enemy, which means, you have LOST that battle. Just consider the surrender or cease fire option the same as conceding the field of battle to the enemy (retreating) because it means the same thing.... you are acknowledging you have lost that battle.

But the difference is whether you save (part of) your force for another day.

It would be a nice touch, and CM1 had it, but fairly certain they wont patch it into CMSF, though maybe it can come back in time for Normandy or a module of that game.

And yes, I see your point, especially in a campaign game where you may lose valuable assets trying to survive those last minutes. In just a scenario game it is easy to say your forces retreated, even if you really surrendered.

Yeah, afterall if your mission was to conduct a fighting withdrawal then you could "win" the scenario while still conceding the ground, this is the great thing about the assymetric winning conditions.

I liked it in CMx1 you could dump units off the map, in my CMBN maps I may just put an exit zone all the way around each map, I hope others will do the same

Yeah, afterall if your mission was to conduct a fighting withdrawal then you could "win" the scenario while still conceding the ground, this is the great thing about the assymetric winning conditions.

I liked it in CMx1 you could dump units off the map, in my CMBN maps I may just put an exit zone all the way around each map, I hope others will do the same

I had just replied above yours, and was **hoping** exit zones make a return also in Normandy. I take your reply here as meaning they do in fact return?

Yes, exit zones are already back in CM:A and will also be in CM:BN.

But it doesn't end there. CM Afghanistan introduces completely new features to the series, such as:

* Exit Zones (a new type of objective)

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=242&Itemid=376

Not sure where but it's been confirmed that they'll be in Normandy too.