Split Teams & C2?

For more detail in placing teams (definately for Marines) I tend to split them nowadays.

I have noticed that when you split them you are left with a "section" or two of the split squad with no radios or RPDA. I notice that even if they are right next to the squad leader section (who is IN C2) they dont show the "eyeball" or "close visual" C2 marker and the dots in the C2 chain show that this part of the split squad is OUT of C2. This makes no sense as they are right next to the squad leader.

When you split a squad does the split sections have an unrealistic "out of C2" penalty? Bug???

I don't think it's a bug. However, I think you should be very careful about when and where you split a squad. I rarely do it myself and only when the tactical situation requires it. An alternative is to use the Assualt order which makes the squad operate in a similar way to the way it would if you split it for the purpose as attacking a position. There might be times when you don't want to do this for something specific where you don't want to risk the whole squad.

Luke

Thanks for the response but I am not asking when/if I should split squads.

How can it not be a small bug if the squad is split and very close but the split part is not in C2? I just want to know if this is the way BFC meant it to be?

I have had split squads not report sightings to their squad even though they are very close.

Very interesting, I split squads very often but for the most part they stay within visual range of each other. I do this since assault commands lead to leap frogging that isn't done quite how I want, so with two teams it's easier. I will have to go check this out myself!