Patching?

I want to get back into this great game that I used to play. I have installed version 1.0 off the CD. I installed 1.01 from the file.

The problem now is that when I try to use the 1.01-> 1.02 update it says it can't find an installation of CMBB and won't let me point to it. (I have it installed on my "games" drive which is my E drive not my C drive. I really don't want a game on my C drive where my system files are at.

Can I somehow point these updates at the correct installation folder or am I SOL and just have to put it on C?

Where did you download the 1.02 patch from ? The installer I have doesn't seem to look for CMBB, it just lists a default directory, which I redirect it to the actual directory. It seems to have worked fine with an installation of CMBB that was NOT on the C: drive. The C: drive in this case DID have an install of CMBB already, but it was NOT at the default directory listed by the 1.02 patch installer (which listed just 'C:\Program Files\CMBB' rather than the current install of 'C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin').

The file I have for 1.02 is named 'CMBB_v102_Patch.exe' and has a file size of 9,995,856 bytes (NOT 'Size on disk'). This file seems to be open-able by the WinRAR compression program ( http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm ), but other compression programs may be able to open it too.

The only server I'm finding the 1.02 patch on at the moment seems to be the Battlefront one, which does take a bit of time to download from (very bandwidth limited).

I downloaded them from the FilePlanet servers. Since this was the original CD version that Battlefront sold when the game initially released, and since I actually really like the game a lot still, I just bought the new downloadable version from the Battlefront store and that solved the problem right away. Thanks though!