Fear And Freedom

dieseltaylor

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top-secret-america/articles/monitoring-america/

It is an interesting article, and for US citizens they can look into their State to see what is happening. I hate to sound negative but it seems that everyone is jumping through hoops to get money, and the way like in the defence industry, is to talk up the threat.

The only other thought that occurs is what is making the Muslims so mad at America. and its Allies [ some of them].

Yep that's the right wing military industrial complex for you all right.

My dream has always been to put some liquid LSD into the water supply of an FBI, NSA or DEA office. Maybe congress' too.

This is the reason I never go for that stuff they have at airports where they can "scan" you to get quickly through the line. I'd rather wait an extra hour than be on any more records than I am already. (not cause I have something to hide, just because I think it's wrong)

UK has it bad already though from what I understand. Loads of cameras there everywhere.

I'm disgusted that that POS "legislation" called the "Patriot" Act still hasn't been repealed.

There's stuff in the works to start monitoring and censoring the internet too in congress.

It's a shame all the wrong people have the guns in this country if it ever came to that :P.

I'm disgusted that that POS "legislation" called the "Patriot" Act still hasn't been repealed.

Agreed. However, the way it works is that once legislation is enacted, it seldom gets repealed unless someone with a lot of clout (which more commonly means a big campaign contributor) demands it. Most everything else remains on the books until we all rot. *sigh*

Years ago I had the idea that Congress and the various legislatures should be divided into two houses, one to pass laws and the other to repeal them when they clearly make no sense. Yeah, I know, there are problems with that idea too. But it did make for an interesting philosophical question.

Michael