Russia declaring war early

Playing world at war as the Axis, surprised that AI is declaring war on me in Jan 1941.

Have reloaded & tried many times but always Russia declares war.

Any ideas as to why this happens ? in previous games I have always been able to invade Russia in May or June 1941. Not sure what is different this time.

Also is it possible for me to still win as the Axis with Rusian attacking first ?

Appreciate any help.

Many thanks.

Playing world at war as the Axis, surprised that AI is declaring war on me in Jan 1941.

Have reloaded & tried many times but always Russia declares war.

Any ideas as to why this happens ? in previous games I have always been able to invade Russia in May or June 1941. Not sure what is different this time.

Also is it possible for me to still win as the Axis with Rusian attacking first ?

Appreciate any help.

Many thanks.

If you cannot figure out why Russia is attacking you first and very early like jan 1941 go into your scripts and undo any checkmark that has to do with Russia joining the allies for any reason, any checkmark in war entry or mobilization 1, 2, or 3, takes a little time but it would resolve that problem, but more realistic would be to find out why the AI Russians are attacking early, and that can be found in the scripts, like maybe you do not have enough garrison troops in a conquered Poland, and other reasons, if Russia does attack first I dont believe the outcome would be any different meaning a complete German victory, what I would like to know is are you new at this game, not a dig but if you just started to play this great game I would be more than glad to give you some ideas to help you defeat the Russians, or as the Russians defeat Germany [maybe defeat Germany:rolleyes:]

Bo

Sorry I meant to detail what Axis units I had on border-

2 tank,1 corps & 1 army.

I had a HQ in Warsaw & Konigsberg.

On the soviet side I was faced by 2 armys,2 corps & 1 artillery on the border.

I would of thought that would of sufficed.

And that should suffice but there are many more reasons that the Russians would attack you early and those reasons are found in the scripts, look them over carefully and you will find out why they attacked you early, good luck. Or do what I suggested remove all check marks that have anything to do with the Russians joining the allies and there are quite a few of them.

Bo