Khabour Trail

Completed 2nd mission with a surprise Total Victory(!) with about 25 minutes on the clock.

Was happy with this as I had left all the AFV's on the west(?) bank of the river to avoid the IED's the briefing warned about. So, the inf did all the work helped by copious air support and long range 25mm HE from the LAV's.

Lovely scenario. One problem is that the scenario finished too early. I always feel a bit cheated enjoyment-wise when it looks like the enemy still has intact forces that could put up a nasty fight/ambush.

I understand that this early end phenomenon can be mitigated by putting in reinforcements that would never arrive - ie they are set to arrive AFTER the scenario's max game turns. Apparently, the AI thinks that it has more forces than it has, so fights on a bit longer.

So, this is an appeal to scenario designers to please use this technique to avoid early surrender.

And thanks for all your work!