Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Missing Ground-Texture

Thanks for the hint!

After install "Syrope Mod v1.1, by El_Terrifico" it looks so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYLNWR-Z8SU

There is a hard cut in the middle of the sreen. The texture(-resolution?) is changing at this line.

I´ve tride multiple settings in the Forceware without any effect.

Thanks!

PS: Sorry for my poor english. My german speaking is much better. ;)

Nah, if it was a driver issue I would've thought you wouldn't have been able to display the ground regardless.

Since it's now showing some of the ground texture with the adding of that mod, I assume the originals got damaged/deleted/moved somehow.

Did it work okay before? If you changed something (added a mod, module or patch) you may want to check if that went as it should have.

I fear the best course of action is to re-install to get all textures back. Perhaps try the 1.31 patch before you do, you never know, but I doubt it.

PS

Your English is fine, don't worry. You should be more worried about me trying my German. :)

I believe in your installation process that you may not have installed the 1.10 patch. That is the most common reason for the 'black landscape tiles' that you're seeing.

Typically the Marines module will install the 1.10 data files (.BRZ). However the 'bundle' of Marines+British Forces modules REQUIRES that the 1.10 patch be applied BEFORE installing the bundle because it lacks all of the data files (.BRZ) from the 1.10 patch.

So if this is really the case, then you have a bit of reinstalling to do. You could:

1. Install the 1.10 patch.

2. Reinstall the British Forces module or the 'Marines + British Forces' bundle, if that is what you have.

3. Reapply the 1.21 patch. Make sure to make the correct selection of 'CMSF + Marines module + British Forces module'.

4. Install the 1.31 patch. Again make sure to make the correct selection of 'CMSF', 'Marines module' and 'British Forces module'.

Are you speaking of the change in textures as you scroll across the map ? This is most likely due to LOD (Level-of-Detail) textures that get called up sooner than seems necessary for many systems (a game engine/code feature). There's a significant difference in appearance with the LODs and it appears quite readily at higher elevations of view. In your video one of the more easily to spot ones is the road.

Unfortunately I don't suspect that user-level texture management/view-distance features will be implemented in CMSF. They may eventually (hopefully) be implemented in the CM Normandy game, but probably not at its initial release.

No, you can't change the LOD settings. That is what I meant by "user-level texture management/view-distance features". The only controls along this line that you have are '3D Model Quality' and '3D Texture Quality'. However those still don't control the draw distances and where LODs come into play. That is determined by the graphics engine and its decisions involving texture and polygon management.

I don't know if CM Normandy will have any user configurable controls along this line. I suspect that the initial release will NOT, but it is possible that later patches may offer this level of user control.