Where to complain?

Hi guys,

I understand this is a community forum, but I'm having some trouble with a Battlefront customer services rep who in addition to being both rude and totally unhelpful also refuses to pass my 'ticket' (now 'closed' apparently) up the line to somebody more senior.

I would be much obliged if somebody could provide an email address that will let me communicate directly with whoever the boss happens to be in order to bypass this obdurate individual.

Many thanks.

Unfortunately you WERE speaking to the president of Battlefront. Moon (his forum name here) wears many hats for the company (we're very small) and often deals with licensing issues on the Helpdesk.

In your case, because the license was used on another computer and worked fine there, we will not be refunding your purchase. Admittedly the issue is that you want the software to work on your new computer and we can't figure out a reason as to why you're getting the '0xc0000005' error. For licensing issues it is pretty much either DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and/or security software (anti-virus/firewall/internet-security, etc.) that interfere. However in your case we're unable to determine what is present in the system that is causing the software to kick out that error.

As mentioned in the Helpdesk ticket, we have passed your issue up to the eLicense support people (Via Tech's support). We don't know exactly what help they may offer since we usually contact them for issues on the server side of things (where our management console is not capable of fixing the issue) rather than directly interacting with our customers.

I'm sorry your experience has been negative. While it is of no comfort to you, we can usually get eLicense working on a vast majority of installations.

• 4 weeks later...
We don't know exactly what help they may offer since we usually contact them for issues on the server side of things (where our management console is not capable of fixing the issue) rather than directly interacting with our customers.

At least I can fill you in on that; none at all. Never heard from them.

I ended up doing a complete HD wipe and Windows reinstall; and oddly enough that solved my 'hardware' problem.