Assaulting Tanks

Hi

With the Allies AFAIK I have never been able to take out a tank with just infantry. Are you sure there wasn't a rifle genade or a demo pack chucked in, because I've had that happen and hardly noticed it, because they were so close to the tank.

I'm almost certain though I've had a German rifle squad destroy an Allied tank at close range with only 'nades.

Tom

"The closer the armored target, the more options available to destory it... All infantry squads and HQs have hand grenades, which can be used which can be used for close assault against a tank. Hand grenades work best against open-toped vehicles, but can also be used effectivly against buttoned up tanks. This simulates the occational hero climbing on, or right up to, an enamy tank and placeing the grenade in a vulnerable spot."

CMBO manual, page 82

This passage suggests that while possible, its not bloody likely. I certainly don't use it if at all possible.