I have a good "feel" about this .It`s about time SC took a slightly differant approach, WW2 has been done to death and this will make a nice change.Large zoomable maps sound good to me and the screen grabs look top notch.I hope they represent beta data rather than screen "mock ups".Given the artwork presented it looks (hopefully) quite advanced.We will just have to wait and see.

I believe the slogan in WWI was "It will be all over by Christmas" without defining which Christmas. Similarly, I'm sure WWI SC will be released by Christmas, not sure which one..... :-)

I've mixed feelings here - looks a good attempt at the period with building reserves and shell stocks secretly. But fundamentally, WWI was not the war of lighting advances WWII was at times, so it will not be as dynamic for game play. There was a rather good WWI mod a few years ago for SC which might be worth a look as a template.

I believe the slogan in WWI was "It will be all over by Christmas" without defining which Christmas. Similarly, I'm sure WWI SC will be released by Christmas, not sure which one..... :-)

You are really trying to crush my spirits.:( I maintain that the game will be released before the leaves fall.:P

I've mixed feelings here - looks a good attempt at the period with building reserves and shell stocks secretly. But fundamentally, WWI was not the war of lighting advances WWII was at times, so it will not be as dynamic for game play.

Yes i agree but if done properly,as i am sure it will be,it could be a differant experience.I like the idea of stockpiling shells for large pushes against the enemy.Being able to succeed in certain areas like in the ardennes for example (which was a disaster in real life)could open up interesting "what if" scenarios.I hope the game engine with regards to combat is tweaked a bit. i.e i would like to see units retreat or surrender rather than hang on for grim death which is not realistic .I suspect the air model will be dumbed down a bit and be used mainly for recon.In SC it seemed repairing bombers was costing more resources than the damage they inflicted ! .Anyhow,it is too late to suggest changes now.I am looking forward to more news this week .

Regards AL.

Gameplay can be dynamic without requiring panzers and motorised columns.

I'll be comparing thsi game to Guns of August a lot over hte next few weeks or months.

In GoA you get to move 1 hex perturn - yep - just 1 hex.

Admitedly the scale is a bit larger, and you can do strategic movment too ....but at 1 hex per turn for "tactical" moves I can assure you that it is both tense and dynamic...and every hex is bitterly contested (if possible) and given up only with much angst, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

If you have to have vaszt sweeping movements then no WW1 game is ever going to be for you - possibly excepting some limited campaign simulations (France 1914, Palestine 1918, Galicia 1914-15, 100 days, Kaiser Schlect, spring to mind)

the reason I like GoA is precisely because there are no gamey mechanisms - what you get is pretty straightforward and predictable in wide terms....there simply are no "tricks" to be exploited.

That said an experienced player will still usually beat an inexperienced one through better appreciation of how to do things and better appreciation of how to use resources.

But not through gamey knowledgeg (as I see it of course....)

Did I mention how much I love GoA?! :)