Attention, aerosan buffs!

The Smithsonian Channel here in the U.S. has a show airing called "The Re-Inventors," in which a team of guys, using mostly period tech, builds all kinds of strange inventions and tests them out. I saw the teaser for the aerosan, and it looked so good I'm passing the word here. For those who don't know, an aerosan is a ski equipped snowmobile propelled by an aircraft propeller engine pushing from the rear. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosani

Regards,

John Kettler

Saw it last night and would rate it a C+ or B-. Points for actual blueprints and renderings of 1942 aerosan, but minus points for no footage of real ones, too much military speculation, useless comparison tests with dogs and horse drawn sleighs and failure to use an aero engine in full working order, resulting in a rather crippled weapon system. Also, I think their construction techniques were rather poor, certainly not typical Russian ruggedness. OTOH, they did build the thing!

Regards,

John Kettler