Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Exit Forces during Campaigns Idea...

c3k

Okay, enough of living off the kudos from CM:NATO. It's time for BF.C to get back to work.

With that in mind, I've had _another_ idea. (Like my others, this is sure to be a gangbusters and make this series better... ;) )

Obviously, at some point, BF.C will have to reintroduce the concept of exit victory conditions. Confused? Go buy CM:BO, play it, then come back. Caught up? Good...

So, here we are, at the future release where we can set exit victory parameters. Imagine having a campaign system which tracks WHEN your forces exit the previous battle. The first ones off the board in the previous battle become the first ones to enter the NEXT battle. If it took you 45 minutes to get the rest of your infantry to follow the armor to the exit zone in Battle 1, well, in Battle 2 it'd be 45 minutes until your infantry entered to assist the armor.

Oh, all this is at the whim and mercy of the scenario designer. I'd suggest using a dropdown menu to implement.

Feel free to use this in the next release. :)

Thoughts?

Ken

I guess it would depend on whether the campaign designer puts two scenarios together with the idea that there is no time in-between for forces to reassemble.

What happens in Battle 2 if NO units in Battle 1 get to the exit objectives until the very end of the battle, like if you could have sent the tanks to exit first, but decide to keep them behind to exit with the infantry? Then do you get no units for the next battle until 45 min in? Or maybe 45 min are deducted from the time to complete Battle 2.

Obviously, at some point, BF.C will have to reintroduce the concept of exit victory conditions. Confused? Go buy CM:BO, play it, then come back. Caught up? Good...

They already have. Confused? Go buy CM:A, play it, then come back. :D

So yeah, it's already in the game, just slightly different from CMx1. In CMx1, one map side was an exit side. In CM:A you could also do this by painting one border of the map as an exit zone, but you could also limit it to one road exit. Or you could also make a volcano with an exit zone on top, and your job would be to get the Ring Bearer past the Nazguls... but that's for the CM:LOTR.

They already have. Confused? Go buy CM:A, play it, then come back. :D

Excellent. CM:A is sitting its case right next to my keyboard. :o I've been so wrapped up with trying out NATO, I haven't even installed it yet!

The idea would be to make a campaign a bit closer in kinship to the old operations. Hard code the exit times to be entrance times for the next battle is one approach; another would be to let the designer compress the time differences, or expand them. Regardless, it would serve as an incentive to the player to push through to the exit.

Of course, a gamey ploy would be to stop just short of the exit, pile up all your forces, and then all step through the stargate at once...or somesuch.

Shrug.

Ken