Game stuck in start up

Battlefront team,

First, congrats on the release. I have been awaiting this release since the beginning. I downloaded this release last night, installed it and entered the elicense without issue. When I elected to start the game, was asked for elicense's for the British and Marine Modules before progressing(email sent to your support about my elicenses). I then get a black screen after selecting cancel for both of those elicense installs. There is a NATO icon on the bottom of the page, but no menu items or mouse movement. I have turned off Norton, run as administrator in the properties shortcut, changed windowed mode to full screen and still nothing. ANy help greatly welcomed.

Matt

Hi!

The problem is not with Norton or administrator privileges. You get what you describe when one of the game components/modules is broken.

It's unusual that you had to enter keys for British and Marines. Did you have British and Marines installed before? Did you have patch v1.21 installed before you installed NATO? (that's required)

The http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk is the best place for quick support (it's where your email automatically goes, to, btw, if you email "support").

Martin

Hi!

The problem is not with Norton or administrator privileges. You get what you describe when one of the game components/modules is broken.

It's unusual that you had to enter keys for British and Marines. Did you have British and Marines installed before? Did you have patch v1.21 installed before you installed NATO? (that's required)

The http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk is the best place for quick support (it's where your email automatically goes, to, btw, if you email "support").

Martin

Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have the Marine, British and CMSF installed on my desktop, but not on my new laptop. I haven't installed them because I had my other laptop stolen and have not taken the time to request new elicenses(which I since have via a support ticket). I thought it was bizarre too, that it requested elicenses, unless it's basing that off of previous orders.

With regards to patch v1.21, it was my understanding the NATO module is a stand alone. If so, would the patch still be needed? If not a stand alone, will install the base after I get another elicense from support. If it's my mistake it's because I installed the sequence incorrectly, my humblest of apologies, been a long month.

Anyway, looking very much to trying this game out.

Matt

Hi Matt,

NATO is not a standalone. It requires the base game to be installed AND PATCHED TO v1.21. You do not need to have any other modules installed, but you do need the base game.

Still, your problem led me to find a little bug in the installer! It affects people who do not have one or both of the other modules, and *may* lead to an error similar as you reported. Not too many people should be affected, and a hotfix is forthcoming.

Martin

Hi Matt,

NATO is not a standalone. It requires the base game to be installed AND PATCHED TO v1.21. You do not need to have any other modules installed, but you do need the base game.

Still, your problem led me to find a little bug in the installer! It affects people who do not have one or both of the other modules, and *may* lead to an error similar as you reported. Not too many people should be affected, and a hotfix is forthcoming.

Martin

LOL, well I did help solve an issue before it became an issue, so you're welcome. : ) Again, big apologies for assuming it was a stand alone, in which case will not need another elicense for CMSF, as the new one for the module works with the base module. I think I was thinking about the upcoming PT boats South Gambit, which doesn't require the base game to operate. Thanks and will uninstall-reinstall tonight when I get home.

Matt