Problem with placement holders - I think?

I've recently reinstalled Kursk and have decided to investigate the editor. I've been playing with the campaign and I can't work this out even though I'm sure its a simple fix. I've edited the number of points I can have in this mission, from 7000ish to 12000, just to see what I can achieve. I've also added HMG and a few extra things under army composition so I have more choice. This all works fine. However, if I change the DEFAULT composition when I go to try the mission, it sticks a few units in the middle of the map. If I then restart, and use the default composition, it works fine. So I'm thinking it must be placement holders - so I've added a few more, adjusted them according, and it still doesn't work. Am I missing something simple here?

It is definitely a problem with placeholders. Units that appears in the center of the map are probably units without a placeholder.

But I can't tell you exactly what the problem is when you change the default composition of your army (I have a problem too with default composition - alternative units don't always appear at the exact place where I wanted them to spawn. I have several deployement zone at the same time for the player, and alternative units don't always appear in the deployement zone I intended)

That's definitely what is happening here. I am creating these units, adding surplus placeholders, positioning them in the spawn area, yet some units will still appear in the middle of the map! I can't understand it. It's almost as if there are too many units on the map. If I am given say, 5 units of infantry at the composition stage, and replace those with singular units of my choice, then all is well. But if I add other infantry detachments myself, to the roster, using the spare slots, then it throws a fit. I've no idea how to get round this.