The weapons of the french ground army

So, while we're at it...

An interesting thing about the Famas is its ability to fire rifle grenades. It can use the the frag APAV40, the (light) antitank AC58, or even some hand grenades (thanks to a trap bullet).

The M203 is also used, because intense usage of rifle grenades tends to damage fragile optics.

From wikimedia :

800px-FAMAS-F1_firing_APAV40.svg.png

You have a nice shot of this weapon here : "big picture" of September 2010 in Afghanistan :

"A French soldier from the 1st Regiment Marines Infantry (RIMA) fires an anti-tank grenade from an assault rifle FAMAS during a training session at the Forward Operating Base Tora in Surobi district on September 24, 2010."

a09_25205645.jpg

There is a nice pic of the 120mm Mortar too :

French soldiers from 68 Regiment Africa Artillery (RAA) fire a 120mm mortar from Rocco Combat Outpost as they take part in Operation "Glued Finger 2" in Surobi District on September 21, 2010

a38_25176749.jpg

I happened to fire an AT grenade with a FAMAS during my military service. The instructors showed us a very stranger firing position which is different from the picture shown in the thread.

Thanks to Internet I found a funny video that shows it :

I remember one old lieutenant said that this way af handling the FAMAS was lame. He told us you 'd better wrap the weapon's strap around your forward hand in order to reduce the kick (which is pretty strong as shown in the video).