Low lvl? Sptting, HQs etv on basic

Waaarg

I am at the end of my Marine campaign on a mission called SNAAFU. Really interesting map. Several different reinforcement entry point which makes it difficult to spli you assets

****************************************************************************SPOILE

First question regards spotting - I noticed when the 2 nd wave of 3t-90 entered the feild, ply 1 or 2 of my M1A1s could spot an engage, the other two coulnd see them, Los was good but they could not use direct fire even if my m1's aimined at their hull.

In this particular instance my armor siding leave its position after dealing with the first wave. Should I have hid? Would that have helped?nhe who shoots first with accuracy nomally wins

2) do hqs relay target info at all? I want to leave a couple sniper on the elevated positions. It wont,ake sense if they can't target anyone?

3) besides emergency JAV crews, what other purpose do the provide? And does rank impact anything else?

Right now, I am prepping for the third wave and have no clue where it will be, so any help would be appriciated

Ps -apologies if this is a rehashed thread

PSS - questions apply to vhehicle and infinity hq

SPOILERS:

I'm on the same mission right now - it's quite a challenge not to lose at least some armour. I think the best way to deal with those T90s is to leave your armour on the road, facing. Do not hide as this will effect their spotting ability. Get the Bradleys round to assist as soon as possible and let them use their TOWs. Also use your Humvees where possible, but keep them well back. Get infantry dismounted and in the wooded areas right in the front line, and let them slog it out. Watch out for the ATGM that are hiding in the long grasses. Use your heli support with area/heavy. Hope for the best. I've won this mission twice, but this time I am fairing far worse for some reason. It should only take two minutes max to knock out the counter attack but if for some reason your armour misses the T90s then you are potentially in trouble. I've had all three of my tanks go for the same target which is annoying.

I would say that HQ units DO have some bearing on target info in my experience anyway.

Sorry for the errors, iPad auto-correct produces weird results.

The reason I was asking is I tried putting AT/MBTs far back but with good Los but they weren't spotting the enemy. I had the same issue with snipers in the original campaign, so didn't know if I should bring them to the front lines or keep them up on the high ground.

Also would like to know if comm gear impacts spotting at all.

In this mission, I delta with the second wave and I am moving reinforcements to take overwatch positions over the town in the valley, and the road to the base. I am banking on the enemy not appearing in the same spot for a 3rd time.

Sorry for the errors, iPad auto-correct produces weird results.

The reason I was asking is I tried putting AT/MBTs far back but with good Los but they weren't spotting the enemy. I had the same issue with snipers in the original campaign, so didn't know if I should bring them to the front lines or keep them up on the high ground.

Also would like to know if comm gear impacts spotting at all.

In this mission, I delta with the second wave and I am moving reinforcements to take overwatch positions over the town in the valley, and the road to the base. I am banking on the enemy not appearing in the same spot for a 3rd time.

There is another thread about this very subject right now :). As I understand it the effects are subtle and because the command of control of Blue forces are very good you rarely notice these things going on. It's more apparent as Red.

Having HQs makes it easier and faster for your guys to share information. It also works if they are near each other. You can see this when you have guys behind a hill but they "know" where some enemy units are. But they have to part of the same formation or whatever you call it. Squads from different companies will share information slower than squads of the same platoon.

Also knowing more or less where the enemy is, is not exact and it can still take some time before they are actually spotted, but it should be faster than without this info.

And last but not least (although I haven't seen this quantified) squads that are in command of a good HQ team will have better cohesion and perform better.

Hot damn I didn't notice. I dismissed it because it dealt with Normandy. And I just read my original post. I should put something about the iPad in my sig, want to apologize again.

This and the Normandy thread answered a lot of my questions. I had forgotten gameplay in CMx1, and how much time I'd spend in setup concentrating on making sure everyone was in command, and replacing subpar platoon commanders. I think because of real-time, or how little it was stressed on the forums that I bypassed HQs and keeping formations together.

Anyhow thanks for the feedback and pointing out the duplicate thread :D

This and the Normandy thread answered a lot of my questions. I had forgotten gameplay in CMx1, and how much time I'd spend in setup concentrating on making sure everyone was in command, and replacing subpar platoon commanders. I think because of real-time, or how little it was stressed on the forums that I bypassed HQs and keeping formations together.

I forgot about the time pent on arranging hierarchy too. I was wondering whether people swap thier -1 Plt hq with a +2 Company HQ.