CM: Afghanistan Mod Discussion here

Mord

I was testing the mod-ability of A-Stan to see if we still had the same leeway as CMSF and I think I found a roadblock when it comes to the uniform textures....so far I have not been able to create a fourth uniform slot for the Muj forces. I painted a yellow X on the two Muj BMPs and renamed them to mujahideen4_body & mujahideen4_body_x...I loaded up a Muj company in the editor and couldn't find them. I found the same unit that I copied to paint...but not the ones I painted. I haven't tried with the soviets but if I am correct and didn't screw something up, we can forget about any mix and matching mod wise, for the infantry. This might extend to the face textures too.

If anybody wants to try let me know if you come up with anything different and how you did it.

Mord.

usually you need to do "texturename 1" The space is important to denote it as being random. However the CM:A team did not randomize textures, they seem to have made separate models for different textures. Check the "Sekletons" folder. I don't have the unpacked CM:A in front of me, so I may be wrong, but the first part about the space is key. Underscore won't work (if "mujahideen4_body_x" is exaclty what you typed with x being a number).

GOT IT! YES. Thanks for getting my brain going in the right direction. It was pretty simple. The X had thrown me off.

multiple Infantry textures should be labeled like this; Ex. mujahideen4_body 1 & mujahideen4_body_1, mujahideen4_body 2 & mujahideen4_body_2 and so on.

Mord.

LOL. Yeah, you should've been me for like two hours!

Uh DAMN...I screwed up the explanation above...my brain is fried tonight!

Here is what I did originally...I renamed the two painted bmps (copies of mujahideen2_body & mujahideen2_body_x) to mujahideen4_body & mujahideen4_body_x...but nothing showed.

So finally I tried this, I changed the originals from mujahideen2_body & mujahideen2_body_x, to mujahideen2_body 1 & mujahideen2_body_1 getting rid of the x and adding a 1 to each, and to get the new slot I just named the painted bmps to mujahideen2_body 2 & mujahideen2_body_2...this gives me the fourth Muj texture. You have to rename the original to 1 and then the rest are sequential...body 2 body_2, body 3 body_3.

It's easier to do than explain. Sorry.

Mord.

Here's a little pictorial tutorial that should explain it better.

HERE ARE THE THREE MUJ TEXTURE SETS. (Unlike the US Army or Marines in Shock Force, there are three base sets of muj textures that seem to be spread over two models, instead of sharing just one.)

tutorial1hl.jpg

NOW, I WANT TO ADD A FOURTH UNIFORM To CM:A. (I choose the "Mujihideen 2" textures. I make a copy then paint a uniform on it.)

tutorial2cb.jpg

I THEN RENAME THEM AS SHOWN IN PIC.

tutorial3d.jpg

That gives me four different types of Muj unis in the game.

If I wanted more for that texture set I'd just add numbers sequentially...body 3 body_3, body 4 body_4, as I painted uniforms.

tutorial4u.jpg

NOW, IF I WANT TO COMPLETELY OVERWRITE THE ORIGINALS I WOULD START MY MODDED UNIFORM TEXTURES with body 1 & body_1

tutorial5.jpg

Hope that is clearer for everyone. LOL 'cause it's been driving me friggin' crazy!

Mord.