Issues with 1980 Invasion, Mission 4 (Pickup Truck Ambush)

wokelly

Mission is fairly straight forward, wait until enemy are withing kill zone than open up. Issues is the Muj keep seeing my guys despite them hiding. Essentially what happens is they get within 200 yards of my guys near the T intersection, and just open up on my men. Heck when I first spot them they seem to know what is going the way they are making leaps and bounds forwards.

Now it would not be a terrible thing except my MMG's have balls ammo (seriously an ambush and they bring 250 rounds per gun? Thats like a single belt) and in nor short order my guys are out and the Muj are overrunning my guys. Artillery is once again feeble in power as well as ammo so no salvation there. I am at a loss on how to do this mission right with the AI apparently possessing superhuman sight and my lack of ammo, because right now the mission is broken, or at least the Devs never intended the Ambush to work out and never made any mention of it.

Noticed the same thing. I had to get all my men out of their initial emplacements and put them on the road between the two russian positions. I leave the sniper unit to overwatch the mujas (still have to put it way up on the mountains to not to get noticed). When I see the trucks get near the mines I crawl all my men forward so that they cross the small ridge from the road. They then see the enemy. Then all hell breaks loose :)

Yes, the ammo loadout is poor. Probably realistic, not sure.