Suggestion: a change to research system.

For me the biggest fault of the current research system is that you can invest in a technology at the start of the game and many years later it is still not researched. This should not be so, new weaponry is largely an improvement upon existing designs not some random discovery. Sooner or later there should be results.

So I propose that the game should keep track of how long a given tech has been researched and provide a bonus based on that time (e.g. 3% for every 10 turns?)

Well, but what about the research results that brought bad, not working and stupid products?

Not everything you research will be better than the one you already own.

The germans research many things, and not so few were absolutly useless.

Divebombing strategic bombers, super-heavy tanks, divebombing jet planes, jet fighters used as strategic bombers.

Ot think about those usesless tanks the russians and allied developed, like the T28 or Grant (useless compared to what was needed or would have been so much better instead).

There are so many examples where no results or bad results waited at the end of a research line.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, but what about the research results that brought bad, not working and stupid products?

Not everything you research will be better than the one you already own.

The germans research many things, and not so few were absolutly useless.

Divebombing strategic bombers, super-heavy tanks, divebombing jet planes, jet fighters used as strategic bombers.

Ot think about those usesless tanks the russians and allied developed, like the T28 or Grant (useless compared to what was needed or would have been so much better instead).

There are so many examples where no results or bad results waited at the end of a research line.

Just my 2 cents.

That's why this is just a slight raising the chance as time passes, it still may fail, just becomes more likely. Usually after all those fiascos something useful appeared. No major power used the same equipment in 1945 as in 1939, while in SC this is quite possible.

Maybe we need a tech tree ranging fom 1 to 10 instead of 1 to 2.

This way you would more often get hits and wouldn't feel like nothing good ever happend your way.

And while we're at it, why not tech failures, reducing your tech level (at least temporarily)?

This gets discussed regularly.

Have a read:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=91656&highlight=research

I'm hopeful that it will be changed.

Yes I know, there are lots of good solutions (personally I'm for abandoning the random factor altogether) but they usually require big changes to the system, here I wanted to suggest something less invasive that could be implemented in a patch

I have no problems with random, many random or simply unfair random elements.

War is exactly like that. Not predictable the second it startet.

I'm glad that i'm not in Huberts shoes, where find soon enough, that you will never be able to make it right to everyone.

:D

I have no problems with random, many random or simply unfair random elements.

War is exactly like that. Not predictable the second it startet.

I'm glad that i'm not in Huberts shoes, where find soon enough, that you will never be able to make it right to everyone.

:D

This is not such a big problem, one of the biggest strengths of SC that makes me come back to it over and over again (despite the lack of hexes ;) is the fact that so many rules are optional. Any change to the research system this late in the game's life should be optional of course.