Cable Modem Oddity with BF.com

I was wondering if any of you web savvy guys have any idea why my new cable modem works like a dream with every site I've tried (dozens) EXCEPT Battlefront.com? Even CMHQ is speedy. Every time I click I wait 60-90 seconds before the next page opens. This happens everywhere on Battlefront.

I clicked on the new 1.12 patch, waited 90 seconds for the download dialog box to appear and then proceeded to download the patch at 39.8 KB/s. I'm really a bit bummed at this since BF is my favorite site. Is my ISP to blame perhaps? When I visit BF through AOL with my ISA modem I have no problem. Thanks!

Treeburst155

I can't say why only BF is slow for you except that I have seen it become very slow in the past only temporarily.

However, since you just got a broadband connection, I would suggest you visit dslreports.com and go to the tools/tweaks section. It may offer a couple of tips on making registry tweaks to speed up your connection. It is a very nice site for broadband information.

I have no idea why you would have a slow connection, but I thought it would be worth mentioning that I use a cable modem (as do many others on the Forum, I'm sure), and my connection is almost always very quick. I downloaded the 1.12 patch in no time. So it must be something peculiar to your setup.

Hope someone else can suggest why you're having trouble.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Problem solved. Go to www.netsetter.com to really speed up your connection, be it 28.8 modem or broadband. Absolutely marvelous. You become part of an e-commerce marketing study similar to Nielsen ratings for TV. They route all your internet traffic through their super fast network. They say the slower your connection is now the more it will improve. It works and it works WELL !! You don't have to change ISPs either. They work their magic with your current provider. Check it out.

Treeburst155