Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New file at the Repository: UK A Hard Night's Day (2010-08-14)

Last night a CH-47 Chinook carrying Royal Marine Commandos crashlanded after suffering a mechanical breakdown over enemy controlled city of Tall Rifat. Many were injured or wounded in the ensuing fight between the Commandos and Syrian armed militias taking the defence of their city seriously. Rescue attempts from air had to be aborted due to heavy enemy fire. The troops, codenamed EGGMAN, made their way to the only easily defendable location in sight, ruins of an ancient fortification.Syrian irregular forces have been swarming around the EGGMAN since the crash, but they have become more aggressive with the coming of dawn. Hundreds, maybe thousands of fanatic guerrillas are approaching the fortress. To make matters even worse, there are elements of a Mechanized division in the area. They haven't reacted yet, but increased radio traffic indicates that they are gearing up already.

More...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded this, seems like a great scenario, unfortunately, my laptop is struggling a bit with running it. This scenario is actually similar in premise to one I started building a while ago and have left 'on ice' although the map and friendly force composition is very different. I'll see if I can try and do a bit of maintenance on my computer, fiddle with settings etc.. and give it another go as it seems well worth playing.