How do I host game

I'm on broadband with a Linksys router and cannot host a game. I've tried opening the port as well as configuring my router with DMZ but still my opponent cannot see my games. One thing I wonder about is that the address that I end up with (something like 198.152.1.111) seems to be too common; should I be putting my machine's MAC address in the router?

• Any clues?

The '192.168.x.x' IP address is a non-routable address set aside for "private" networks. Your '198.152.1.111' is potentially a 'routable' IP address, but I'm guessing that maybe you mis-transcribed it here. The only IP address your opponent can see is that of the router's external port (you may need to check this address from your router's web config page). You'll need to provide that IP address (which is what your ISP is giving you) to your opponent.

I assume that by "Port Forwarding" the TCP 7023 Port to either your entire network or your specific IP address (198.152.1.111) you should be able to host a CM game.