My download is hanging up...

I just purchased the CMSF and Marines bundle and everything has gone nice and smooth except now the dl is hanging right at the end. I don't get it.

It's stopping at 99% complete, says 1 sec left and has dl'ed 727 of 728 MBs. The first time it finally stopped and said the connection with the server was reset. Second time it's hung again.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm trying it again but telling it to run instead of save. We'll see what happens. Frustrating!

We host our full game downloads on a server cloud network with unlimited bandwidth and 100% connectivity. Usually download problems are related to something downstream. What you should do is use a download manager program, then you can simply resume the download even if it hangs for some reason.

Hey Moon,

Thanks for the reply. Thought that might be the problem so dl'ed FlashGet. Had the same problem again. It hung with 1 KB left even with FlashGet.

Why would the dl do the whole thing but stop on the last 1 KB, both with a dl manager and with my browser dl? It just shut downs and quits at the very end. I've tried it four times now, no luck. Are you sure something isn't up with the server? Also, the second go round with FlashGet my antivirus program (Nod32) said the battlefront file was a virus and quarantined something during the dl. Just weird.

There is no server. It's a network of servers.

Sounds that what is happening is that your av program is probable reporting a false positive and blocking the completion of the download. You'll have to figure out a way to tell your AV program to leave the download alone.