Beware free AdAware Upgrade

Is that a free download, and URL plz...

Actually the problem may not be AdAware. Although it did manifest itself after AdAware windows kept pestering me for months re an upgrade so I broke down and tried it. Not even sure that the upgrade worked, but around that time, CMSF broke. Also, some problem started with Spybot as well (after 10+ years of perfect operation).

I keep re-installing Spybot, but now that gives error messages instead of finding problems. Win 7 is nice but tricky.

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I don't think the problem is AdAware at all. I found that Zone Alarm had reinstalled its cursed Toolbar (that stops CMSF from running) during a routine upgrade. After discovering ZA Toolbar was back from the dead and disabling it, CMSF runs fine.

However, when I reinstalled Spybot, it doesn't run properly when I want to start a scan. So something in Win 7, AdAware, ZA or AVG is troubling Spybot...

But at least am getting my fix of CMSF at last! :)