Diplomacy improvment

I have currently a game where axis are on the low tide... i invested a lot of money to seduce Franco... it didn t give a lot and suddendly i have 9% improvment.... well it is not enough but i found that weird in a way as axis loose position that s spain decide to make a move towards axis...

Here is my idea of diplo improvment... could it be possible to add bonus/malus to diplo chits, for example if you hold a certain number of cities which count for victory?

This can actually be represented already through the mobilization scripts, simply by adding ones that would generate swings to one side or the other when certain positions are held, or countries surrendered.

The only issue with adding any more scripts like this is that it could generate swings regardless of diplomacy chits invested, possibly even totally offsetting invested chits if the investor's side is doing really badly.

I was thinking some more about this today and it struck me that Romania in 1916 did exactly what Spain is doing in your game, waiting until the opportune moment has passed before joining in.

It makes me wonder whether the current system is better because as well as having historic precedent, it keeps things unpredictable and means that the investors MPPs won't have been totally wasted?