Supply question (WaW)

I've read all the supply threads in the WAW forum and have read through the manual and can't seem to find a reason why a Tank yet to move this turn and sitting on a 6 MPP city would only have a supply of 3. Can anyone tell me how that could be? Also, The AI Allies have just invaded Normandy; I killed Monty but a turn later, all the UK units still have supply as if they were being supplied by Patton. Does the AI get an unlimited number of units to support as long

as the unit is in range? Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, so when I moved my tank I see that the "strength" is 3. I always assummed that the MPP number was the strength. How does one see the strength of a city when a unit is on it?

The tank probably only receives 3 supply, because the city is a capital, which has its MPP * 2. What is relevant is the efficiency of the city, not the amount of MPP it produces. You can see this by clicking on the city and looking at the efficiency in the lower left corner of the screen.

I am not sure what you mean with your other question. But all HQ relay supply. So if Patton is in the area then he would just supply the units. If this doesn't answer your question, then please clarify what you meant.

Patton would supply the other units, but he wouldn't command them, so you'll find that despite having some supply these British units will fight at a lower capability, all other things being equal, than the US units adjacent to them. Best to destroy them before the UK ships another HQ over to Normandy!

The tank probably only receives 3 supply, because the city is a capital, which has its MPP * 2. What is relevant is the efficiency of the city, not the amount of MPP it produces. You can see this by clicking on the city and looking at the efficiency in the lower left corner of the screen.

I am not sure what you mean with your other question. But all HQ relay supply. So if Patton is in the area then he would just supply the units. If this doesn't answer your question, then please clarify what you meant.

I thought that the HQ only supplied it's commanded units. I don't know how the hell I missed that. The other thing I didn't realize is that Efficiency is the supply rating. I always thought it was the MPP. Thanks guys!

Supply, efficiency and morale are all key to understand, as are the effects of artillery, special forces, bombers, and so on. Entrenchment is also important as are the terrain modifiers. Lots of detail if you want it. If you ignore it and just bang units against each other you will never beat a veteran player.

One other thing on supply - US, UK and France supply each other, but USSR does not and vice versa. If you think of coming through the Caucasus as the UK player to support the USSR, it won't work the way you think because the Russian cities won't supply non-USSR ally units or HQs.

When you attack, try to demoralize first (pick units that demoralize) then units that don't demoralize as much will have an easier go of it.