Books

I like books and occasionally I get really good ones from my local library - in fact one is so good I have taken anecdotes and posted on the CMAK forum today- I had only got to page 62 so far.

On Saturday I was at a local second-hand bookshop in Oxted just checking on the military stuff and was quite pleased to find a book by Delingapole [signed] on the 79th Armoured plus some others. On my way out I noticed some boxes on the pavement outside ---- military books £2 a pop! They had just bought someones collection.

***79th Armoured Division : Hobo's Funnies

Accidental Warrior

Artillery through the Ages

***August 1914

***Battle of the Bulge 1944

Bombers of WW2 ***

Churchill's Secret Weapons: Story of Hobart's Funnies

Churchill's Wizards

***Crete: The Battle and the Resistance

German Tanks of WW2

Guards VC : Blitzkreig 1940

Hist Maps WW2 Europe

Historic Military Vehicles Directory

Ill. Hist of WW1 & WW2 Airforces

On the Psychology of Military Incompetence

Only the Enemy In Front ***

Patton's Third Army at War

Propaganda: The Art of Persuasion WW2

***Resisting the Nazi Invader

Take These Men

Tank Warfare in WW2

The Berlin Raids: RAF Winter 1943-44

***The Blitz: Then & Now Vol1

***The Churchill: Armour in Action Series

The Fall of France: Act with Daring

The Second WW in Colour

Touchlines of War

***United States Tanks of WW2

US Tank & Tank Dest Batt. in the ETO

***Vanguard to Victory: The 79th Armoured Division

War Behind Enemy Lines

War on Wheels

Only the ones with *** are the new ones. The rest of those are ones I have started to put on Google so me and mates do not duplicate books. Only probaly another 200 to load!

Lucky you.

My local library sells used books too. I was getting a few WWII books every couple of weeks. $1 to $5. Then the local paper does a story on a 12 year old that is reading/buying WWII books. I think they now hide them in the back room until this kid comes in. There hasn't been a WWII book in there for the last 6 months.

Nice score. I used to live just outside an age restricted retirement community in Arizona. The local library had a book store, which was frequently refreshed with new inventory from the community. Either the snowbirds would donate books frequently, or a lot of collections of the deceased ended up there. Either way, I went there frequently to see what I could pick up for $1. Never had a whole collection like that though. I miss having that resource, but used books on Amazon is pretty good too.