cant save a game?

I just purchased the game, loaded up fine, and installed all patches up to date- 1.3.1.

I'm using Windows 7, game runs fine, but when I go to save my game it say's saving then crashes to desk top and nothing is saved.

Anyone esle had this issue? if so what can I do to fix it, want to start a campaign but not if I can't save anything :D

Thanks

Het'z

I'm not sure if this is the solution or not, but if you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you may want to run the game with 'administrator' rights. To do this right-click on the shortcut you launch the game with and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu.

This should usually help with issues that may be due to UAC (User Account Control), which can affect the saving of games. This security feature should be invisible to most programs, but some of the TOW series games have issues with it.

To run the game with 'administrator rights' without constantly right-clicking on it, right-click on each shortcut you use to launch the game and select 'Properties' from the popup menu. Go to the 'Compatibility' tab and to the bottom section of that tab labeled 'Privilege Level'. Checkmark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' then 'OK'.

If necessary, you can also Turn off / disable UAC ('Method #4' is the easiest).