CMSF Licensing

Sigh... once again license and DRM issues keep good software from customers.

I own CMSF as well as Marines and British modules. I keep those titles on my main desktop computer but also put them on my laptop for when I travel. I bought a new desktop so I contacted Battlefront to make sure of the instructions as to how to unlicense the software from my old desktop to put on the new desktop. I followed those instructions to the letter and the game and additional modules were all unlicensed and uninstalled. Before I installed on the new machine I contacted Battlefront again for clear instructions as to how to re-install the game, the modules and the patches. I started that process and when I went to license the first game (CMSF itself) I was told there were no licenses available and it would not license the software.

It is my understanding there should be 2 licenses available. Could you please assist.

Yes, you have two CONCURRENT activations (there is no total limit; you can unlicense and relicense as often as you like).

The correct place to request support is the Helpdesk at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. We can check and - if needed - reset your license key.

Earlier (pre 1.21) versions of the CMSF game and modules had a bug in the unlicense procedures. It would fail to unlicense all elements and you may be stuck with an "error 11". Patch 1.21 fixed this, and you will now find links to unlicense ALL your modules (and the base game) independently in the Start->Programs...->... menu.

You may still run into a problem though if you use the wrong key for the wrong module. The only way to doublecheck this is by submitting a ticket (including the key(s)) you're using at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

Thanks for the quick reply Moon... and I have now submitted a ticket at the help desk (ID: 582924) and included the products and keys in that ticket.

>>to unlicense ALL your modules (and the base game) independently in the >>Start->Programs...->... menu.

I checked on my laptop where the game and to 2 modules are still installed and went to Start->Programs etc... elicensing and it only lists "Unlicense Combat Mission Shock Force" and it does not mention the other modules at all.

Please appreciate my goal is only to play the games that I have paid for and this does get frustrating

I checked on my laptop where the game and to 2 modules are still installed and went to Start->Programs etc... elicensing and it only lists "Unlicense Combat Mission Shock Force" and it does not mention the other modules at all.

This would mean that you didn't install the 1.21 patch.