What's up with the Indian HQ's?????

Slim is considered to have been one of the best generals of WWII, and some of the others who also served there were pretty good.

You seem surprised that Slim has such a high rating. I'd be interested to know why?

Remember also that these HQs are good in the context of conflict in S.E. Asia. Although they can be shipped elsewhere, they're not very likely to turn up on DDay in France. But even if they had been there, I don't doubt that they'd have done just fine.

Slim is considered to have been one of the best generals of WWII, and some of the others who also served there were pretty good.

You seem surprised that Slim has such a high rating. I'd be interested to know why?

Remember also that these HQs are good in the context of conflict in S.E. Asia. Although they can be shipped elsewhere, they're not very likely to turn up on DDay in France. But even if they had been there, I don't doubt that they'd have done just fine.

Read Slim's book -t is great, and he was without doubt one the most honest and humble of the great generals in WW2 (or most other wars as well). He freely confesses his mistakes, and is refreshingly honest about things. The campaign to recapture Burma was brilliant, but not very well known or respected.

Read Slim's book -t is great, and he was without doubt one the most honest and humble of the great generals in WW2 (or most other wars as well). He freely confesses his mistakes, and is refreshingly honest about things. The campaign to recapture Burma was brilliant, but not very well known or respected.

I agree. Slim's book, Defeat Into Victory, is probably one of the best WWII books to have been written by someone who was there. It's also a very good guide to strategy and generalship in general, so a lot can be learned from it. I've read it a number of times, and can see myself reading it some more times yet!

Ok, I will take your word for it. I'm no historian, and know next to nothing about India's involvement in the war, but if slim and his compadres were as good as Zhukov and Patton, you would think I would have heard of them.

Also, good point, Rannug, since they only control indian units, I guess it really does not matter too much.

Not for nothing were the troops who fought in India and Burma known as "The Forgotten Army". One could have been as brilliant as anything, but events there just didn't hit the headlines like events in Europe did, and that's the reason you may not have heard of them.