Nanning and supply to China

Trying to figure out how the scripting language works, and ran across the following. Correct behavior?

I *think* that when that Japanese take Nanning, the efficiency of Kunming, Foochow, Yumen, and Urumchi goes to 0 (usually 0, although I think there is a possibility of Foochow and Kunming being slightly above 0).

But then they begin climbing back to their normal values at a rate of 1 per turn.

So after supplies via the Hanoi/Kunming railroad are established (assuming the Allies chooose to do so), and after 10 turns or so, the Chinese are actually getting quite a bit more production than they were (or would be) if the Japanese had never taken Nanning.

Is that correct?

Not quite, because there are supply scripts hitting tiles 252,63 and 254,63 that represent the Japanese preventing supply reaching China via the Hanoi-Kunming railway, so despite now getting supplies via the Burma Road, China should have no net gain from the deal. Coupled with the supply hit when the actual railway is cut, they really do lose out when this happens.

I saw those supply scripts. And think I understand them. I.e., how supply via the railroad starts, and is cut off when the railroad is cutoff. And eventually replaced by the Burma road, etc. All using the "hidden" tiles.

But at the start, China wasn't getting *anything* from those hidden tiles, but was getting 10,10,5, and 10 from the 4 cities in China. When Nanning is taken, those four cities went to 0,0,0 and 0. And then grew at a rate of 1 per turn.

Meanwhile, the Hanoi-Kunming road events activate the 252,63 and 254,63 tiles, which grow at 1 per turn up to 5.

So it appeared to me that if Nanning was never taken, the Chinese would never get anything from 252,63 and 254,63. Whereas if it Nanning is taken, they eventually get *both* the full value of those 4 cities *and* the 252,63 and 254,63 tiles.

Or am I still missing something?

Ah, I see your point now, and you're quite right that if the USA does decide to send supplies to China via the Hanoi-Kunming railway then they will end up with a higher income than if they didn't lose Nanning. But it does requires that US investment to send the supplies, and Nanning is an important target for Japan to take. Still, this is certainly something for us to think about though, and well done for spotting it! :)