How big can the EoS map be under the latest version?

brycej

Considering buying EoS. But not if the map is too small in size.

The maximum map size is 4000x3200 (an area of 12 million). For comparison, the Demo map is 1800x1200 (an area of 2.16 million).

Also I found unloading troops off ships unnecessarily difficult in the demo. Easy if you were in a city.

Are you dragging and dropping the troops off the ship? Generally, you should give your transport orders to move to a location near the shore, so that a pickup/dropoff location appears, then give your units orders to move onto the land by clicking somewhere on the land (you can optionally click the pickup/dropoff location before clicking on the land).

Unless you are playing with the max amount of players, from my experience with the full version, trust me - you will never use a map that size. 4000 x 3200 is great.....I can't imagine anything bigger than that unless you want a very LONG game.

Heck, I've never been able to experience this monster map because my computer chokes and dies if I try the max sized map....and I have DUAL CORE. Maybe I'm just impatient....I don't know.

Yes, this is way big enough.

Maybe the demo is out of date and I know there is a thread on this.

Can you not unload troops onto certain types of land?

Mountains-probably not.

Grasslands--probably yes.

Forest lands-- ?

Do you have to do anything with the troop ship other than having to have it next to land?

Is the a hotkey to tell it to unload?

No unloading works like this:

Assume you have a tank unit inside a transport, and want to land on an island. You "tell" the transport to go next to land, but you don't tell the transport to "unload." Instead you give the tank unit inside a move order to somewhere on the island. When the transport reaches the shore, the tank will automatically exit the transport and complete move order.