Operational Movement and towns

In my game Germany defeated Russia and I wanted to use operational movement to garrison some cities along the trans siberian rail line. However, the line was inoperable beyond Sverdlosk because the next stop was town (maximum captured efficiency 30%) as opposed to a city (Maximum captured efficiency 50%). Thus even if the next city was at 50% I could not deploy because of the intervening town. There are several areas on the map where this is the case.

Seems to me that the trains should run in these situations and that the rule should be modified to allow OM to towns that are at 100% of their "maximum" undamaged value.

I would like to argue that the rail tracks of the western european and the russian railway systems differ, they have a different gauge width, so that -example- a german train or wagon can't roll on russian tracks (and vice versa).

Think about it for a time.

Germans had huge problems to rebuild the russian tracks in WW2, and even today you can't rent german wagons to a russian railway (for the use on russian tracks).

To use the same wagon you have to change the bogies of the waggon.

Knowing this, it seems perfectly realistic that you can't travel by rail from Paris to Wladiwostok without changing trains.

So what you discovered is more or less a nice feature, may it be intended or not.

:)

On this wikipedia-picture you can see the worldwide differences:

800px-Rail_gauge_world.png