Cant hear sound (possibly due to WinAmp) Help!

Hey guys,

I recently installed Winamp, the free wav playing software. Everything was going fine until I launched CMBO while playing a soundtrack on winamp. I do this all the time with Napster to battle to some good tunes.

Anyway, winampo went and coverted all my files to winamp played files. So now when I launch the game, there is no music playing, even if I dont have a soundtrack going at the same time!! I want my battlefield sounds back, you bloody shareware!

Please help, I tried uninstalling winamp but it just wont work.

Eagerly awaiting replies.

Go into the Explorer File Manager > View menu > Folder Options... item > File Types tab > scroll down the list 'til you find the WinAmp enteries. One of these enteries will be for .WAV files (as listed in the File Types, Extensions). Click the Edit button and then select Default Extension for Content Type droplist to .WAV. Click the Remove button and see if this deletes this extension type from this application.

I don't know if the above will solve your problem. Since WinAmp comes with Netscape I have it installed myself and the .WAV files are associated with that program. I don't play any other computer-based music while in CM however and I don't know how that may have affected your system. Hopefully by disassociating WinAmp from .WAV files CM will be able to play them again.