A Tiger inspired limeric for you all

Hey

At times on this forum there have been complaints about the Tiger's vulnerability on CMBO, but having just played the Wittman scenario I was inspired to write this limeric...

There was once a Sherman one day

Driven by chap called Gray

Along came a Tiger with Wittman inside 'er

And blew poor Shermy away

:mad:

(Yeh I know it doesn't exactally fit but never mind.)

Have finished the Wittmann scenario now and am definately a Tiger convert. I did eventually destroy Wittmann and his other Tigers but lost loads of everything in the process.

Before playing this scn I was of the opinion that Tigers were not the great beast on the battlefield that they had been ( having mostly played as one of the Allies). I know that in this scenario the Tiger crews are especially good and the British stuff is green or less but Tigers really are a fantastic weapon. When faced with a knocking out a Tiger and all you have are Cromwell and Sherman 75s, it really makes you appreciate how good a tank the Tiger was.

Anybody else had a scenario in which your opinion of a unit has been radically changed?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i think Tigers are cool for a solid, tough beast with a lot of punch.Not so good at advancing (in small groups anyway) because they're slow enough to be flanked and out-maneuvered (unless you do a Kursk and have them at the head of an armoured V of tanks).

King Tigers i think are a little underpowered in CMBO (FAIRLY easy to eliminate and punch through with big guns) compared to CMBB (where i've had JS2's and others bouncing shells off for 5 minutes before leisurely being taken out in return).

Sorry Dillweed didn't intended that reply to sound as bitchy as it did, sorry bud.

Probably came out as it did because I was at the time in the middle of a game in which I'd just lost two of my three Cromwells to another beast of the battlefield, the Hetzer.

:eek:

But yeh whatever it was limerick or something else, the Tiger is undoubtedly a fantastic tank, especially as said, in groups, if a little slow.

Ta

Tom