Has anyone else scene this?

I am playing the 1939 scenerio and Japan has gotten India and the Dutch Indies to successfully surrender. The trouble I am having is that my Japanise navy keeps running into subs, battleships and carriers for both. Is this just a bug or am I seeing something that is scripted where they do not stop fighting unless England surrenders?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have!!

Craig

I can usually get to the U.S. west coast towards the end of the game yes. The Pacific expansion is the only SC game I have never bought because it didn’t interest me as much. So this game is my first run at this theatre. I actually find the battle with the U.S. pretty easy for Japan.

Granted this is against the computer but basically I keep Japan from war with everyone but China until December of ’41 (Usually this is how long I can keep the USSR from Germany). Before then I deploy all available Japanese corps in amphibious poised to take key islands as well as redeploying the Japanese Pacific forces. I also have all 7 subs built and part of my invasion U.S.A. force. I then issue a DOW on the U.S. sink what is at Pearl. Then I issue DOW’s on the Solomon Islands. At that point my corps and Pacific forces are in position I take every island including Wake, Midway, The Solomon’s, Christmas Island after destroying the bombers, the Philippine’s with the help of the airborne, Borneo, New Guinea, and all of the other smaller islands in between. At this point the U.S. is left with Papeete and Hawii. Then I play the hunt and seek game with the U.S. navy and pick off their transports because the only port they can get to is Australia and I can basically blockade the east side with subs. Then after I take out the Chinese and India I can turn my full attention to the U.S.. At that I am usually at the end of the game so my armada just get’s time to see the coast and maybe sink a ship or two.

Craig