detach unit question

I am starting to play STRATEGIC COMMAND 2 for the first time, starting with the tutorial. Early on it describes how to detach a unit from a HQ, but when I right click on the unit, there is no option to DETACH in the drop down menu.

Am I not reading something correctly in the tutorial?

thanks, James

Hi Lefty,

Welcome to SC and I hope you enjoy the games :)

For detaching a unit from an HQ you of course first need to make sure it is attached to one which can be seen by the green highlight when you click on the HQs in the area, and after that the HQ in question needs to be in either 'Manual' mode or 'Auto-Assist'. This can be set by right clicking on the HQ and then changing it to the desired mode under 'Set Mode'

Hope this helps,

Hubert

• 1 month later...

Lefty, you right click to change it to Auto-Assist

Then you left click on the HQ to see the units it commands. They have a green silouette and the ones it could command are blue. HQs have a different max number of units to command based on nationality. You need to detach units before you can attach new ones. If the unit has already acted its command can not be changed.

After left clicking the HQ, you right click the green or blue silouettes to attach or detach.

You can move the HQ and still alter the units it commands, so you can move closer to an out of range unit and then select it. I forget if this is true if you didn't have clear zones of control to the unit, then you get zones to the unit, then I think you still can command a unit that started blocked by zones of control.