What if seems what not

I have started to play the WHAT IF scenario (Germany and Russia as Axis), but dozens of turns later the US is only at war with Russia (which also took a long, long time) and has joined the Allies, but still can't fight Germany. This is very frustrating, at least when you play the Allied side. Is there a way to change this? To get the US into the conflict sooner, if not at all?

Another question, how can the US bring planes from the home country to other locations on other continents? If this is not possible why buy them at all? This goes for all scenarios.

Hi

For the first issue, if you go to the War Map and select the USA's flag in the bottom left, then click on Germany's flag on the map itself, you will be able to declare war on Germany.

As to your air units, right click on them and select Operate. All the places in the world that they can be moved to will now be highlighted when you scroll around the map.

Regarding how to bring the USA in sooner, diplomacy is the key. It's obviously a bit late for this game, but in your next if you go to the Diplomacy screen early in the game and invest some chits in the USA then it should bring it in sooner.

Quite a bit of the above is covered in the Manual, especially in the Beginner's Tutorial section, so you might also find it useful to take a look at that.

I found a funny bug in this. Against the axis, I never lost paris and france never fell, but when the USA troops started landing in france, and one moved into paris, I got the message that the USA had lieberated france and that DeGaulle returned to france!