Saving Problems

Is your OS Windows Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, are you launching the game with 'administrator rights' ? This is may be necessary due to UAC (User Account Control) that will block the writing/updating of files in the '\Program Files' \ '\Program Files (x86)' directory. The files should be written and stored in a a 'VirtualStore' directory, but I'm not sure of the details as to why that may not work with some of the TOW series and campaign games.

You can launch the game with 'administrator rights' by either right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu or editing the 'Properties' of the shortcut to do this without right-clicking each time. If you want to have the game always launch with 'administrator rights', right-click on the shortcut and select 'Properties' from the popup menu. Go to the 'Compatibility' tab and at the bottom will be a section labeled 'Privilege Level'. Checkmark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

I believe that this may resolve your situation. I may be wrong however.